Jump to Navigation

Dallas Court Order Enforcement Attorney

Contempt of Court in Texas

Failure of one party to comply with a court order such as child custody and visitation or child support is more than just a problem for the other party, it is also a criminal act. We can help you enforce court orders by charging the offending party with contempt.

If you need assistance enforcing a court order, contact attorney Bruce Turner and his partners at the Dallas law firm Bennett, Weston, LaJone & Turner, P.C. We have decades of experience with enforcement of child custody and child support orders as well as other family law matters. We represent people seeking to enforce orders and people who have been charged with contempt, including people who are involved in high-asset divorce, custody and support cases.

Enforcing Orders and Defending Against Contempt Charges

You may file contempt charges if the other party does not comply with the court order regarding:

  • The custody arrangement, parenting plan and visitation
  • Payment of child support
  • Failure to maintain health insurance for the child
  • Failure to pay debts as ordered by the court

Contempt of court is a criminal charge with penalties that may include fines, wage garnishment and/or jail time. If you have been charged with contempt, you need an attorney to help you fight the charge. We will discuss your options and attempt to find a solution that allows you to comply with the order and stay out of jail.

For example, if you are charged with contempt for failure to pay child support, we may be able to defer the jail sentence if you resume payment and pay on the arrearage. We will try to structure your settlement/verdict so the deferral ends when child support payments are terminated. Our goal is to protect clients so they do not have to go back to court.

In cases involving a parent with complex assets, child support payments may have been set too high. People with sophisticated financial holdings may have numerous assets, but are unable to easily access them. Investments or ownership in businesses may make a person appear wealthy on paper; however, the majority of capital is likely tied up and not easily liquidated. We will demonstrate that to the judge to argue for reduced support payments and dismissal of contempt charges.

Attorney Turner will pursue your case assertively, utilizing smart, creative solutions to get the results you need. To make an appointment with a Plano child support enforcement lawyer, please call 800-486-9553 or contact us online.

Email [Picture of Bruce Turner]

Bruce Turner

For family law, business law, real estate, tax planning and estate planning for high-asset individuals, contact attorney Bruce Turner of Bennett, Weston, LaJone & Turner, P.C.

Office Locations

Turner, Bruce E.
1603 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Suite 280
Dallas, TX 75234

Phone: 800-486-9553
Fax: 214-373-2570
Dallas Law Office Map

Bruce Turner with Bennett, Weston LaJone & Turner, P.C.

Attorney Bruce Turner is located in Dallas and represents people and businesses throughout DFW and the Metroplex, including Denton, Carrollton, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Farmers Branch, Irving, Las Colinas, Corinth, Highland Village, The Colony, Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Garland and Grapevine as well as Collin County, Denton County and Dallas County in Texas.

Privacy Policy | Legal Marketing® by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.